Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass - it is about learning to dance in the rain

Tuesday 28 June 2011

The Results Show

Hi there,
I went into Wgtn hospital today and met with my Breast Surgeon. She examined me and was pleased with the surgery and gave me the histology/results of tissue analysis. The cancer was grade 3 i.e. growing quickly but I think is stage 1 - very early stage. It was 10 mm and is estrogen positive (fed by estrogen). The surgeon said that if the tumour was 9mm, she would not need to refer me to oncology - but as it is 10mm, that is her cut off point so she will refer me to oncology (who will talk to be about chemotherapy and what might work/statistics etc).  They may not recommend chemo but they also might.  I don't have the HER 2 neu result yet (which indicates whether I need Herceptin again) so those results will come through soon. I will meet with oncology in around a month.  So...the upshot is, that I probably don't need chemo but will still meet with oncology to hear what they have to say. i still require a medication to inhibit estrogen production and may/may not require Herceptin.  So..I guess I will be back to work in a month and just focus on getting better. I have the remaining stitches out tomorrow and am feeling a lot better. I will go home to my place at the end of the weekend so that is a milestone. Also, have much less need for painkillers...and bought myself a dress today to celebrate. I needed a treat. x

No comments:

Post a Comment