Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass - it is about learning to dance in the rain

Sunday 17 July 2011

Walking : one step ahead

Hello,
I can now walk half an hour and it is a good feeling. It is freeing to be able to stretch a bit more and even sleep on my side. I am not in pain - except when I sneeze, lie down or sit up too quickly - but still uncomfortable.  But each day, I seem to be able to move a bit more.  It is great as it feels like such a long time since I was completely comfortable. 
My concentration seems to be improving too and I've had time to think about doing life a bit differently.  So hopefully I can implement a few decisions which will reduce stress and improve health!
I met with my GP today and he recommended that I go back to work around 10 August.  That gives me time to fully heal up the infected stitch site (three nurse appointments a week) and get back more energy.  It also allows time to meet with Oncology.  Apparently, they are so short staffed there at the moment so that appointment may be two to three weeks away.  Anyway, I'm not sure if I have any more sick leave left so a few negotiations to be had.
I can not wait to feel comfortable and move freely.  However, there is always someone worse off than me!!
Thank you to all the friends, family and colleagues driving out to Petone to visit me.  I really appreciate it and it'll only be a couple of weeks before I can travel more easily. I have tried to organise one outing or visit a day - otherwise, the days drag a bit.

Bye for now, A :)

No comments:

Post a Comment